Happy New Year!I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy New Year and a great start to 2013! 2012 was a great year for Maldivica. We officially launched our first offering in June and already have successful deployments with customers from nearly every continent and corner of the globe. We greatly appreciate this warm welcome and would like to renew our commitment to making object storage easy and accessible to every organization.
Both cloud and object storage platforms saw record growth in 2012, and with that a rapidly growing need to connect existing systems and applications to them. We’re happy to be solving that problem for many organizations. Maldivica remains dedicated to providing a high performance platform that allows organizations to integrate legacy systems and applications with cloud storage and enable the growing ecosystem of tools and applications that leverage the storage platforms directly.
We would also like to introduce the Maldivica Storage Connector 1.2.1, available for immediate download from the Maldivica portal. For the Enterprise edition, please contact email@example.com.
Maldivica Storage Connector 1.2.1 Release Highlights
- Over 100 bug fixes and feature enhancements
- WORM Archival Mode
- Write-once Read Many mode to accommodate archival use cases. Running in WORM mode prevents end users from accidentally deleting content saved to the storage system
- Support of storage content expiration tags
- Ability to set expiration headers on files uploaded to the object store to automatically delete content after a specified period of time
- Allows customers to set automatic business retention rules on archived content
- Increased local cache size limit to 100TB (Professional and Enterprise versions)
- Expanded hardware device support (Enterprise version)
- Numerous performance enhancements
- Local indexing of object storage content
- Improved system memory management
- Local name resolution caching
- Improved error handling and retry logic for failed or interrupted API calls